Multiple Calendars on iPhone - Only one not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tiptizzle, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Hi, I use Yahoo's calendar service with my iPhone and have been since April. Recently, I added a 2nd calendar on my Yahoo account that has my daughter's school calendar in it. I added it via iCal, and it seems that it updated fine on Yahoo's website, but it still shows as blank on my phone. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

2. Tiptizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I have entered all of my yahoo information into my iPhone and turned on the calendar syncing function. The Calendar even shows up, it's just empty. The other Calendar linked to the same account shows all events just fine. I tried to sync a new yahoo account with ical, but it tells me that it could not log in with the username provided, but I can log into the new yahoo account just fine from safari.

3. Tiptizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

I did, but it didn't help. All other apps are syncing and seeing the events just fine with my original account, even iCal, Cozi etc. Just the iPhone calendar comes up blank. Tried deleting the account and readding it, no help.

When I tried to create a new yahoo account for ical to sync with on my MacBookPro (thinking if multiple calendars won't work, maybe a different account with a calendar would), it just keeps saying it can't log in with that username. Tried deleting the existing yahoo account, and it still won't log in. Logs in fine when I reenter the old account info and I can log in fine on the web or even the iPhone. Makes no sense. One account won't work with the iPhone, one won't work with ical on the Mac. I know I'm doing it right because all other accounts work, and they work fine on other devices.

Very frustrated with Apple right now.

4. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

Are you using 3g or wifi when trying to sync the additional calendar?

5. Tiptizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it matter? The other one syncs fine. I'm at home right now, so it's wifi, but this has been going on for a few days so I've been on 3G many times as well.

I created yet a third yahoo account, which iCal for the Mac signed into just fine (so I know I was doing it right all along). I copied all of my events into it, and now I'm waiting to see if it will add these events on my iPhone. I added the account about 30 minutes ago and I don't see any events yet. No idea why. I thought maybe the iPhone can't see all-day events, but I added an event with a time just in case.

6. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

Maybe this will help?? I can hope atleast. :eek:

Try this which I found in reference to mobile me, but may have the same effect in helping the information to sync correctly to the phone.

Change the Sync settings for your calendars:
    - Tap Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    - Scroll down to the bottom.
    - Under Sync, if it's set to All Events, set to a specific duration. If it's set to a specific duration, set to All Events.
    - Wait several minutes and try syncing again.

7. Tiptizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried, but didn't help. Deleted Accounts from iPhone and re added them, but my original calendar seems to be the only one that syncs to my iPhone. I think I'm giving up at this point. I'll either use a third party app or just combine my calendars until iOS 5 comes out.