multiple camera in the shot cam final cut x?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Freida, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Freida macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

can I please ask you for little help? I have multiple camera shots of the same scene and I want to add them together for comparison purposes on the final shot cam. (i.e., split the final edit to lets say 4 parts which show different angle so then the director can choose which angle and version he likes without the need to watch them one after another.
    Could you please tell me what is the easiest way to do this, please?
    Thank you

2. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

he he, i've found it. I was looking in the wrong menus :))) Transform solved it.
    Sorry to take the space

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Selecting the four clips and creating a new multicam clip is the best way to accomplish this but as you've found you can also arrange them using the transform tool.

4. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

Can I just ask how do you do that multi cam? I can't find it in any of the menus

5. mBox macrumors 68020

6. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, ive found the multi cam thing but I didn't actually need multi cam edit. I need to have all the camera angles in the shot. So, PiP thing. Is multicam any good for it or do I do it like i did that I will transform each angle and position it on the screen so i can then have lets say 6 angles in the picture?

Maybe I misunderstood the concept of multi cam but for me it looks like a tool for editing, not actually the final image as that seems to show always only one angle. (at least in the tutorials i've found)

7. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

If your editor is sitting with you at the computer, multicam would be the way to go, but it sounds like what you want is to produce a video with all the angles onscreen, send that off and then just edit with whichever single camera angle they select. is that correct?

If that's the case, I'd either use transform or a split-screen plugin effect. For a one-off it may be simpler to just transform, but split-screen plugins are nice to have.

If you want to pay money, there's some nice looking ones out there like Tokyo Split or Crumple Pop's version. For free, Simon Ubsdell's been making some nice effects. Here's a thread at creative cow where he offers up his.

8. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you,
    each, thats exactly what I wanted and the transform worked great. But as it was manual (scale, then position) then I thought the multicam would do it faster and better but yeah, transform is enough. Will see if I start needing it more and in that case I will check those plugins.
    Thank you very much. That clears it up :)