Multiple choice CD's. An importing Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rory Manton, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Rory Manton macrumors regular

Rory Manton

Good afternoon all.

Mac OSX 10.9.1, iTunes 11.1.4

Having just purchased the new Within Temptation album ,Hydra, which is a great album by the way, I have imported it into iTunes. The thing is, when you first insert the CD you get a list of multiple versions on the CD and you have to choose which version to import, I obviously choose the full album ,BUT, I still want to have the instrumental version as well.

The multiple choice only ever came up once, the very first time you insert the cd, is there any way that I can get the multiple choice option back again so I can now import the instrumental version?

Other than that, no problems what so ever.

Thank you in advance.

Rory

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I think you may be a little confused. A CD has no TOC or file names or even files for that matter. So when a CD is inserted iTunes looks at it's physical attributes (number of tracks and time of tracks and......) and compares this "snapshot" to Gracenote's CDDB for a lookup. Often there can be several CD's that closely match (or even several entries of the same CD). You then pick the info which matches the CD you have. This is not a choice of what version of the music you want. The music will stay the same no matter what the names of the tracks are.

3. Rory Manton thread starter macrumors regular

Rory Manton

Sorry for the delay in replying.

So what you are saying is there is only one version of the album on the cd but other versions are available online, is that right?

So I will have to find the instrumental version myself.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Use XLD for ripping CDs. It also does accurip and is far more flexible than iTunes.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This, but again, sometimes you will be presented with multiple versions of the same CD. So you might have to pick which version you want.

XLD is an outstanding FREE program for ripping cd's.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The music on your CD is the music you get. You are not looking at music online. You are only looking at names or metadata to tag the CD music you have. If you want a deferent version you must buy the CD or buy it online from iTunes/Amazon/Google Play/....

You can't just pick the "wrong" metadata and magically your CD music changes or you get a "free" download.