Multiple Contacts Lists for multiple phones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by quat, Oct 8, 2009.

1. quat macrumors newbie

My girlfriend and I are going to be getting iPhones next month. We both would sync to a single mac computer. Is it possible to have my address book and ical be seperate from hers so that when we sync I don't get all of her contacts and calender and visa versa?

Currently we only have one account set up on the computer.

Thanks

2. biggrim macrumors member

I know you can do it with outlook and you tell iTunes which calander/contacts to sync to which phone. However, I'm not sure if it can be done on a mac though I imagine it would.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

3. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

You need to have separate User accounts on your mac.....

I recently started using a single mac to sync both me and my wife's iphones.

The key is to make sure you setup your iTunes library so that its available on both user accounts. this is done by moving it to a public folder on your mac so both users have permission to read&write it.... it was a little tricky at first but once its done it makes life a lot easier. There are a lot of apple knowledge base articles on how to do this, i had to google them.

Unless you don't want to share your music and apps, etc.

4. quat thread starter macrumors newbie

No we plan on sharing music. The only thing I am concerned about is her purchasing a lot of apps and effecting my itunes account. But I am sure that if I set up a seperate account on her "half" of the computer I won't have to worry.