Multiple Email Accounts (disabling some at night)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevin86, Jun 3, 2008.

1. kevin86 macrumors member

I was hoping someone here could help me avoid having to get a blackberry for work.

Right now I have my main work email account and my gmail account set up on my iPhone. At night I put my iPhone on vibrate so I don't get woken up by all of my emails.

I will be getting a new email address at work for my department that is for emergencies only. I want to make sure that those emails do wake me up.

Is there any way to make this happen without accepting the blackberry from work and thus having to carry two phones.

Maybe a way to disable the other two accounts easily or changing some sound settings?

Thanks in advance!

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

You can turn a mail account on and off in the settings menu Settings->Mail->*Your Account*->On/Off

Other then that I don't know of a way to silence a account and leave others with alerts.

3. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Good luck waking up to that lil email alert. I think you'll have to shut off the ones you don't want bothering you. Maybe there is an app like that for jailbroken phones, but I'm not sure.

4. cjandnw macrumors 6502

Could you forward your emergency work email to xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.com?
    It would come accross as a TEXT telling you a MMS has arrived. You would know then it is from your emergency work email. Then, if all of your accounts are off, you would still receive the text alert.

5. sir42 macrumors 6502

I think disabling the non-emergency account at night is probably the way to go, and it is quite easy to do.

As a matter of practice, my work email is only enabled during work hours on my iphone. As soon as I leave the office I disable the account. That way I can still get personal emails at night and on the weekends when I'm on the go, but my work emails wait until I'm back in the office.