Multiple emails from AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markel253, Oct 8, 2011.

1. markel253 macrumors regular

Yesterday morning I ordered my 4s from the AT&T website. I received the original 2 emails - one saying I had ordered and one saying it had been processed - shortly after.

However, since then I have received that second acknowledgement email three more times. :confused:

Has that happened to anyone else?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

They probably just really wanted to make sure you got the email.

3. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

This.
    This.
    This.

4. markel253 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I am not expecting them to send me an

iPhone 4s

iPhone 4s

iPhone 4s

:D:D:D

5. jshort macrumors regular

They've sent me 4 confirmation emails.. all identical.

6. iadam09 macrumors regular

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just got the one. I guess they figured I don't have ADD...

8. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

You could be the lucky beneficiary of a glitch in the system where you receive three iPhones due to system error instead of one ;)

9. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I think they are sending my emails to other people because I haven't received any. :eek:

10. Nedlman macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on 10-7-11 at 5:45 cst received my comfirmation number email at 6:01, this was from att premier. Now if i check status on att site it says ordered on 10-8-11. Im guessing it did not process until then. Does anyone think i should still get it on the 14th?

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sounds like they have had some issues with their mail servers or some flags in some databases, or both. If they restore some mail-tracking database and lose a sent-flag then it makes sense they'll send it again... and again... until the thing stays up long enough to send the mail AND set the flag. Hopefully they're not hooking anything else up to that flag. Like a counter of phones to set aside from the pre-order stock...

I feel fortunate just to have received one each of the two expected emails, the second of which assigned a shipping order number and says a third email will fly when the thing ships.

Still cannot see my order data in my account overview, though. Sigh. At one point I was really excited when I saw the expected array of data pop up, then I realized their system had worked really hard and managed to fish out my prior upgrade order info from back in 2009. Geez! Well eventually I'll get a 4S. Their rep says the status is fine even though my order confirm hasn't hit the accounts database yet.

I hope they make a ton of money selling 4S, they are going to need it to pay their reps not to quit before launch day!