Multiple Events

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by prtcool1193, Aug 16, 2015.

1. prtcool1193 Suspended

prtcool1193

Is there any way to get free events to not show up on the modular face?

Basically, I have my work day on my calendar as "work" but when I have meetings, they don't take precedence over the work day on the watch face. I thought if I put work as free on my schedule maybe the meetings would show up first, but they don't. Has anyone had this problem?

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Not sure I fully understand. Am I understanding that you have "work" on your calendar for 8-5 for example and then you have meetings throughout the day that don't show up because the full day block with "work"? Did I say that right? I assume you went into calendar on your iPhone and choose all calendars to show and the watch will only show the current meeting which has the all day "work" still going so nothing else shows?

Maybe just choose one calendar on the iPhone? Maybe OS2 will solve it by letting you have third party complications so you can have one for your calendar for work and another for meetings... For example.

3. prtcool1193 thread starter Suspended

prtcool1193

That is my exact problem! Sorry, I didn't know how to word it well. It's really frustrating! How does everyone else handle their work schedules with apple watch?

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I haven't tested it, but how about splitting into two separate events (begin work at 9 am and leave work at 5 pm)? That way you'll leave the time in between open for meetings.

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

For one, my work calendar just has all my meetings and not a block for the whole day, but it only shows the current meeting but I also use Fantastical 2 in my glance and it shows all my calendars in colors. OS2 will add third party complications so I could use Apples calendar in the middle and Fantastical somewhere else on the screen. Assuming they add a third party complications.

Maybe someone has another way to do this, but if I have a meeting from 9-11 and another from 10-11:00 it shows the 9-11.

I just wouldn't block my whole work day as a calendar event. Just have meetings that exist.

Not much help though

6. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

With my Outlook work calendar on an Exchange server I only see timed events, not all day events. Applies to calendar on both iPhone and Watch.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

He may not be setting as an all day event because you are correct with Exchange. Maybe he can set his "work" event as all day? Good idea if possible.

8. prtcool1193 thread starter Suspended

prtcool1193

Hmmmm, yup I have not been setting it as an all day event. Thanks for all the advice everybody! I think maybe it's better to just leave it out of my calendar and just keep only the meetings. Anyone with iOS 9 know if this would effect the proactive travel times?

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I did some testing since I use OS2 beta 5 and I had an appt from 9-10 and a second from 9-10 and I created a test Meeks from 9:10-9:40 just to see.

At 9am both appts from 9-10 showed on my modular face and at 9:10 the watch face updated to show the test meeting.

Not sure if that is different from 1.0.1 it helps you at all.

10. prtcool1193 thread starter Suspended

prtcool1193

Hmmm interesting! I have watch OS 2 beta installed as well, but for me it was just showing the longer work day rather than both. I'll test it around a little bit more though to see if I can produce the same results as you