Multiple Exchange accounts on 1 iPhone - possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sibruk, Sep 18, 2008.

1. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Hi, I wondered if anybody here was using multiple Exchange accounts on the same iPhone. I'm trying to work out if it's possible. I just want to sync Mail, not Contacts or Calendars, from more than one.

I am a freelancer and have an Exchange account with one of my clients. Now also thinking of maybe changing my own email over to Exchange as well, since Leopard Server powered Mail with Push seems to be pretty low on Apple's list of priorities.

Thanks.

2. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

I don't think its possible - I tried without success. I also tried having one forward to the other but no luck there either.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

The only way to do it would be to configure the account you want to retrieve email from as IMAP and the account for calendar/contacts as Exchange. Even Microsoft Outlook cannot support more than 1 Exchange account at one time, so it is HIGHLY doubtful that the iPhone ever would.

4. inkswamp macrumors 68030

inkswamp

That's not really accurate. Outlook supports one user account being logged in, but you can connect to and view multiple mailboxes. There's no real reason the iPhone shouldn't do the same. The Exchange features were added for enterprise support and many people require access to multiple Exchange mailboxes.