Multiple full-screen UIViews

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by pinsrw, Oct 24, 2010.

1. pinsrw macrumors regular

Hi all,

If I have an app and I want to have several full-screen UIViews, sort of like a navigation based app. However I don't want the top bar to appear. Is there a way to achieve something like a navigation based app without the top bar & UINavigationController?

Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can hide the navigation bar (what you are calling the top bar) of a UINavigationController using the obvious navigationBarHidden hidden property.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

4. pinsrw thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks. Now, I see how to remove the nav bar in IB... How do you do that programmatically? It's not clear how to access the navigation controller from within my primary (root view) class. Also, how can I have the nav bar for one UIView but not others?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

:confused: Set the property as you would with any other.

Every UIViewController has a reference to the containing UINavigationController. So it's very easy to hide and show the navigation bar when any UIViewContoller appears or hides.

Can I suggest you take some time to read the documentation: it has answers to all your questions. It should be your first source for answers. The ability to use the documentation is a key programming skill.