Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Okay, since we lost the headphone jack and Apple desperately wants us using wireless, what is the best solution for two people watching a movie on the iPad Pro while flying on an airplane? Do you really need to get a USB-C to Audio adaptor then a splitter? That seems like a lot of cables...

And I'm guessing bluetooth is out of the question given one bluetooth device at the same time.

Secubia

macrumors member
May 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
I use Urbanears bluetooth headphones, they have a 3.5mm jack in them so you can plug a pair of wired headphones into them. It’s been a life saver when travelling. Don’t know if any other headphones have that feature.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I use Urbanears bluetooth headphones, they have a 3.5mm jack in them so you can plug a pair of wired headphones into them. It’s been a life saver when travelling. Don’t know if any other headphones have that feature.
Those are a very nice pair of headphones. I highly recommend buying them!

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Okay, since we lost the headphone jack and Apple desperately wants us using wireless, what is the best solution for two people watching a movie on the iPad Pro while flying on an airplane? Do you really need to get a USB-C to Audio adaptor then a splitter? That seems like a lot of cables...

And I'm guessing bluetooth is out of the question given one bluetooth device at the same time.
Technically the latest Bluetooth 5.0 can support multiple Bluetooth headphones, but AFAIK, Apple doesn't support this.

Just get the USB-C adapter plus splitter. Both the adapter plus the splitter are very small, and cheap.

Otherwise you can buy third party USB-C adapters that include two headphone jacks, but they cost about the same as getting the real Apple OEM one and then a separate splitter, so I'd go with the Apple one instead.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Bose Connect App supposedly streams to 2 headphones at the same time - I have not tried it (only have one set) but it shows the option in the iPhone app

The app shows a picture of 2 people running and listening to the same audio on the Quiet Comfort II headphones

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Yep, you have to run a Bluetooth splitter.

Other than that you could invest in a nice home RF headphone set. It’ll include (2) pairs of wireless quality headphones, a receiver that they charge on, they receiver plugs in to the wall and both headphones will connect wirelessly over WiFi. Quality is better than Bluetooth, and can reach further too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.