Multiple installs of CS4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carlosbutler, May 31, 2009.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I was thinking of buying adobe cs4 suit student edition (web premium) but i have two machines. an iMac and macbook. i can only presume that adobes terms and conditions say that you can only install it on one machine. but that is there to most probably stop people giving it to others to install. i am the only one thats going to ever use it.

so my questions is can it be install more than once using the same serial key? if yes do you know how many times can you activate the serial key.

thanks
    carlos

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Adobe allows you to install on two machines. If you try to install in on a 3rd machine it wont let you. You must first deactivate on of the first 2 machines before activating it on another machine.

Olny Two machines may be activated at once.

3. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

does that mean that if i end up having to reinstall OS X for some reason i can actually activate as many times as i want, as long as i deactivate before hand?

also if the hard drive were to fail, and having a time machine backup i guess it would still work without needing to reactivate as the only thing activation does is change/create a file telling the program its activated

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If you reinstall OSX how are you going to install CS4 ? You said you didn't have the disks.

Sorry but this is starting to sound shady so I'll refrain from posting again.

If you want CS4 please buy it.

5. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

well its not meant to sound 'shady'. :cool:

i am planning on buying CS4, i have NOT bought it yet and wanted to know a few things about it before buying it. as i said multiple machines and so forth.

i was simply asking that if once i have bought the discs, and installed them and activated and it works. if the hard drives failed what would happen? because you wouldnt have been able to deactivate since i have already had my iMac hard drive instantly stop working.

i am NOT a thief and do NOT pirate software if thats what you were implying:mad:

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

My apologies. I was reading two different discussions about the same thing and made my post here instead of the other discussion where it did sound shady.

DO'H! :eek:

If your hard drives failed and you were unable to deactivate CS4 before the failure I'm guessing you would be able to call Adobe and straighten it out. I did it once when I installed a fresh copy of OSX on one of my Macs. I forgot to deactivate CS4 and was unable to do it so I called Adobe. They were able to help.

7. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

awesome thanks for the response;) - sorry if i sounded strong about the pirate thing but i just dislike it when people do that so much.:rolleyes:

i know that £160 might not seem a lot, but as a student saving up for a car... well its enough