multiple ip camera monitoring software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bmcgonag, Nov 5, 2009.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I setup ip cameras for a lot of my clients, not to mention the ones around my own spaces, but I use a mac at home and the software that I use for them is Windows only.

I'm trying to find something worth while that will let me view the multiple ip cameras at once, just grid up the monitor basically.

I've seen EvoCam from Evological.com, but it doesn't appear to be true multiple cam like i'm looking for, you basically have to open each camera in a separate window and arrange them on the screen each time.

I'm looking for something a little more "once i've set it, that's how it is everytime."

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Brian

2. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I found a nice piece of software...called SecuritySpy.

It allows you to configure multiple IP Cameras from different vendors, and set them up on your screen in various formats.

It has the ability to set motion sensing, and set the sensitivity. FTP upload of video and photos from the cameras, as well as streaming over the internet, dynamic dns setup, email of messages when cameras are triggered based on your configuration, as well as email of video and photos.

A very nice little piece of software. It's not free, but would be well worth the money if it didn't try to charge you $50 per camera you want to use. I might have paid 50 for unlimited / uncrippled software. But, let's say for instance that I had 15 cameras that I want to monitor.
    That's $750.00 I'd have to pay...now his pricing scheme isn't quite like that, but still. I don't want to pay $200 for the software.

i hate to say this, but i could by another ip camera for $70.00 and get the iP View Pro software included that does 16 cameras with almost all of the same features. The difference is it uses Windows.

Well I can buy a refurbed XP machine for $80.00....now I've come in under the Security Spy pricing, and gotten extra hardware.

Here is the CNET Link to it, and

here is the Apple Link.

Best,

Brian