Multiple Iphone Syncing Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bimmeracer, Aug 17, 2010.

1. bimmeracer macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone can help me to solve the syncing issues that I am having.
    1. My iphone takes over 30 minutes to sync even though I have not added any new media. Just backing up and syncing contacts. It is starting to get frustrating.
    2. One of the contacts in my phone keeps getting duplicated 1700 times each time I sync my phone. What can cause this?

I have an iphone 4 on 4.0.1
    Thanks

2. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

wow that's pretty strange! If you have the time and patience to re-add your contacts manually restore as new not from any backup.

3. bimmeracer thread starter macrumors regular

That would suck to have to manually input 600+ contacts. plus addresses and emails.
    This is so frustrating. When I have a day off I will check the apple store, but im hoping to find a solution on here.

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Create a new gmail account and use it strictly for syncing contacts. Then restore as new phone. That way your contacts will always be backed up, and you can restore without much fuss other than rearranging you apps the way you want them.

Just be sure you do a last sync to make sure your contacts have gone to gmail before you restore.