Multiple iPhones, 1 iMessage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rmafive, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Rmafive macrumors 6502

Hey all,

Not sure what forum to post this one in, but I'll drop it here. I'm just starting work and I've got to get a second iPhone for work. What's the deal with adding my iCloud with iMessage to the new phone? I want to try and sync the messages (or at least get my personal message on the work phone as well), but I'm having trouble finding updated information on 1 iMessage account being used with 2 iPhones with 2 separate numbers. Will activating iMessage on my work phone with a second number completely screw up my current iMessage setup with 1 number?

If it's an easy process getting it all synced up, I may go for an iPhone 7 for the work phone. Otherwise, I'll just do whatever they offer for free and avoid using the work one haha.

Thanks!

2. Kahsheh macrumors regular

I have the same iCloud account on 2 phones and no problems at all. iMessages sync and sometimes the call log too (not sure how it happens).

3. Rmafive thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks for the response. I kind of assumed it would just work, but I wondered if 2 different phone numbers would screw things up.