Multiple ipods/iphone sync question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by copydeskcat, Dec 27, 2008.

1. copydeskcat macrumors regular

I have an iPod touch (1st gen) 32gb. My wife is getting an iphone - and I'm going to get one too (free from my employer).

What I need to know is how this will affect syncing.

How many ipod touchs and iPhones can I connect to one iTunes before it stops letting me sync purchased tunes and apps etc?

Oh, i'm using a pc with vista.

CDC

2. franzmueller macrumors regular

I have a total of 6 ipods syncing with the same computer ( not all at once :p ) in between an iphone and one ipod touch.

Saludos

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

4. iOwnxD macrumors member

5. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Your confusion might be around how many computer you can put DRM files on. Media you purchase through iTunes can go on to a maximum of five computers.

My whole family synchs with one central library for itunes. We just make a playlist for each user and select that playlist when we connect our ipods.

6. marcha macrumors newbie

Same here. Well, we have five iPods, four people. Two shuffles, a nano 3G, and two Touch 2G since xmas. We do playlists via a network drive. So we point our iTunes to a central music folder on a shared slave drive on the network and select what we want for our own playlists - we being myself, my 7 and 9 year old sons and my partner. On my laptop I have a separate folder that I use for my work podcasts so that my sons and partner can't access them. But my sons update and recharge their iPods on any available computer.

7. copydeskcat thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for this guys.

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that App Store apps (games etc.) can only be synced to up to three iPods (ie. iPod Touch or iPhone). I take it that's not true?

8. marcha macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny that - we only synch playlists, vids and podcasts and such.