Multiple issues with MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skuykend, Oct 13, 2011.

1. skuykend macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

The past few months I've been having intermittent problems with my Macbook Pro. It's a 2009 13.3" model, running OS X 10.6.8 with a Windows BootCamp partition running Windows 7 64 bit.

So I guess I'll start off with the strangest. Sometimes when I close the lid to put my computer to sleep, it will stay asleep for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute and then the Apple logo will light up again and when I open the lid the computer will be on like I never shut it. This was happening a lot over the summer (so much so that I almost took it to the genius bar), but it stopped mid-august and recently started up again.

Also, I know that the battery is being used even when the computer is asleep, but mine seems to drain pretty quickly (I'll put it to sleep at night with 20% and then when I wake up it will be dead.) and sometimes, when that happens, my computer will restart when I plug it back in. I know it's not good for the battery to leave it like that, but sometimes it's unavoidable. It never restarted before recently. Is the battery getting so bad that it can't handle staying in power-save mode anymore?

And finally, my keyboard lights are acting funky. In order to get them to actually turn off I have to bring them to full brightness and then back down. Otherwise, they stay on even when it says they shouldn't be.

Any solutions or recommendations to help fix any of these problems? I still have a year of applecare, so I don't mind getting repairs done if I have to.

Thanks in advance!

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Check your energy saver options. It might be related to some there like the Wake for network access option. If it doesn't work out, you should bring it to the Apple store and get it done with.