Multiple iTunes accounts on one Touch 2G (for apps purposes)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fasequeira, Sep 23, 2008.

1. fasequeira macrumors newbie

I live in Korea and there are not anywhere near the amount of apps available through the Korean store, not to mention no games.

Could I create a Canadian or US account and purchase apps from there and have them work simultaneously with the ones bought through the Korean account?

I don't have the touch yet, but I'm wondering if I need to hassle my parents to create an account over there to be able to access the things here.

Does iTunes only sync the account you are logged into?

2. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

You can only have one account on it at any one time.

3. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Its actually dead easy to do. If you have two accounts (is a UK and a US one), all you have to do on itunes is log out of one and log into the other BEFORE you sync. The itunes account that is logged in at the time of syncing is the one which is on your ipod touch.

If you want to switch to the other one, you just have to log into the other one on itunes and then re-sync.

4. fasequeira thread starter macrumors newbie

So I tried logging into my dad's account and downloading some of the free apps. The all show up in my applications tab along with my own account's applications. In more info it lists the name and email of purchaser.

So even though all the apps are on the same computer and same iTunes library, it will only sync the ones linked to the currently logged in iTunes account?

5. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Nope, it doesn't matter who purchased them or from which account they were bought from. Once they are on your computer, they will all sync to your ipod.

I have apps, music & video bought from both the UK & US stores on my ipod touch.