Multiple iTunes accounts on same PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbjames, Mar 6, 2014.

1. jbjames macrumors newbie

My wife and I both have iPhones, but only one home PC. How can I create multiple iTunes accounts on the same PC so we both can have our music libraries and playlists separate? Thus allowing us to sync each of our phones to those separate libraries.

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

My advice is to beware. I tried doing it a couple of years ago my wife's and my contacts were merged and she's been mad at me ever since. If you are green enough to have to ask the question, I would advise not to do it. I am fairly seasoned and like I said she still mad at me. We had completely separate Apple logins, completely separate accounts but it happened anyway.
    You may get some better advice from other members but as I said be careful:eek:

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

We have 2 accounts on one iTunes. We make playlists, one for her and one for me. We sync out phones to the playlists and never had and issue at all. We don't sync contacts to the computer or mail accounts.

The nice thing is, you just rip the cd once, and because of home sharing you can sync iTunes music with no problems also.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

It's very simple.

PC, since Windows95 are designed for multi-user. CREATE SEPARATE WINDOWS accounts, then iTunes will maintain separate iTunes library for each user.