Multiple iTunes Library settings/problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fa7mac, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Fa7mac macrumors regular

Fa7mac

Hey there
    here is the thing: I want to manage 2 iTunes library on my Mac, one for my musics and the other one for my Podcast, ITunes U, Movies and TV Shows.
    The reason why I want to do this is because I keep my songs on my Mac HHD and the podcasts and vídeo files on my External HHD. I built these two libraries, the podcast library is setted to copy the files directly into the EHD iTunes folder, and my songs library don't, I manage it myself. The problem is that when I quit one library and open another, the preferences are imported, they have the same preferences. How do I manage to keep one preference in one library and another preference in the other?
    Thanks for any help

2. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Create another account and switch to that when you want to open your library.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Unfortunately, as the poster before me said... you can't. Not without creating two entirely separate user IDs.

4. Fa7mac thread starter macrumors regular

Fa7mac

thanks guys. your suggestions is one solution but I will keep changing the settings on and on when I switch between libraries. I need my main account files always

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Look at a program called MultiTunes. I use it to manage a local and server copy of my iTunes library. It works great that way!

6. Chris 123 macrumors regular

Chris 123

I have the same problem as you.

I've looked at multitunes and it is exactly what I need!

The only problem I have is that I already have multiple itunes libraries and with this plugin you can only create new libraries. Does anyone know how to locate an existing library with this plugin?