Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a sandwhich

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
recently I did a deauthorize all computers on my itunes account so I could bump off an old mac that couldn't connect to the internet. So I authorized my computer for my account to play a few old songs that I had bought before the stop of drm. I just bought an album on my ipod touch on the same account. I hooked my ipod up to my computer and clicked sync. It started transfering the album, then it popped up saying this computer is not authorized to play this music, authorize? I typed in my password and it transfered them and now I can play them. There are now two purchased playlists, one called purchased, and one called purchased on ipod. what does this mean?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It's just telling you that the source of the stuff you transferred to your computer from your iPod came from your iPod.

Other stuff (in the Purchases list) came from purchases you made on the computer itself.

I think the reason it does this is to remind you that you now have music files on your computer that may not be backed up elsewhere, in case you back up your machine manually and you might forget that that you added these files back to your computer.

Anyway they are just playlists, you can delete them and the music will still be in your library and wherever you keep your music files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.