Multiple lion users: Fusion but no Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ozoneraider, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ozoneraider macrumors newbie

Using Lion, I installed Fusion 4 and then Windows 7. Works great - but only for me. When I switch users (to my wife), Fusion is there but the Windows O/S is missing. What's up?

2. mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

the fusion virtual machine is likely being saved to your own personal home directory.

move it to a location that your wife has access to...

but make sure you shutdown/suspend your copy before your wife opens it...

or if you have lots of space... give her a copy of the install.

---------

hmmm - or another approach would be to move that copy of Windows to a shared account that you both use called something like "Shared Windows"... that way you both only access the same Windows from that one account....

3. ozoneraider thread starter macrumors newbie

I just expect this stuff to work, so please help me out. How do I find the VM and where should I move it? Currently, Fusion is running but the VM is shut down.

Update: Is this it? username/documents/virtual machines. It says Windows 7 x64.

4. mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

so what is it that you are trying to do?

how would you like it to function?

5. ozoneraider thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved using the information here.

I saw this info earlier but I had no idea how to find the VM file. Mainstay, thanks for making me think about it a different way!

6. mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

awesome - glad you got it... and thank you for sharing back that link... some good information there.