Multiple Mail Accounts in Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wingnut330, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I have about 6 email accounts. I would like to use Mail to check all of them. I have some questions...

1. Will Mail allow for more than one account?
    2. Can I still check them via .Mac?
    3. If I can have more than one account does it show up in different colors like iCal?

I'm new to the Mac world so any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

1) Yes
    2) You can only check .mac mail via the website
    3) You can set up rules to change the color based on the address

3. gavd macrumors 6502a

swiftaw has answered 1 and 3 like I would have done so I'll leave those alone.

If you want to check other email accounts via .Mac you'd need to be able to forward mail from those accounts to your .Mac address. I've got a couple of accounts where I've done this.

4. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool - I'm very excited that I can have multiple accounts and change the color. That will be very helpful.

Is there any way to check them online or something? Would I have to forward everything to .Mac?

I guess what I'm trying to get to is to set them all up on my iMac, my MBA. Then I want to be able to check my mail on either of those machines or a new iPhone, of via the web.

Can I do this?

5. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

EDIT: Nevermind, now I understand what that meant.

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

It depends on whether you are able to forward your other email address to your .Mac address. Not everyone will let you do this, but the accounts I've got I'm fortunate enough to be able to do that.

I wanted to for the same reason as you - so I could keep my mail in sync on any machine and the net.

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Actually, the .mac web mail will also allow you to setup to check external pop accounts.

8. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, it will bring them in to my .Mac and iPhone, but will it come in the different colors as well, or just black and white? Will it still show messages on other machines if I read them on the iPhone?

Do I just use Sync on my MBA and iMac to keep them in sync?