Multiple Mail accounts with same outgoing pop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Norwal37, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Norwal37 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm a nw mac fan who has bought a macbook pro and thrown BG & MS out of my life, almost. The transition has been a little tough. I am finding some Mac things so easy. And other so hard.

Apple Mail is giving me fits. In outlook express, I have 3 email accounts for various levels of privacy. All using verizon's outgoing mail server to send email. So, same username, pw & settings & outgoing Pop are the same on all 3 accounts. No problem in Outlook Express.

Mail says you cannot have the same username & pw& pop in 2 separate accounts whether it is outgoing or incoming pops/servers.
    On 2 accounts I have started using their own pop to send mail out.
    I still cannot get 1 account to email out.

For 2 accounts I use onlymyemail.com to filter spam and then I download it from their incoming pop. So, these 2 accounts must have the same username and password and pop to download the filtered email.
    Any suggestions about a work around? It seems like this whole thing is reversed. This should be a MS problem, and Mail should allow the same usname & pw on all accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Norm

2. lindsayp macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure this out?

Hello, I have been having the exact same problem! Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

Thanks, L.