Multiple mail problems since the 10.6.2/mobileme update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BinfordsTool, Nov 11, 2009.

1. BinfordsTool macrumors member

So last night/today has been a bit weird with Mail.

I installed the 10.6.2 2 days ago, shut down the computer, and let it rest overnight. When I booted, I had no immediate problems.

Then that whole mobileme outage thing occured. No biggie, everything functioned fine.

After the outage, I had booted Mail to find that only my mobileme account was added. I tried a mail/accounts sync, but nothing happened. I re-added each other account (gmail and college) with no problems, even all the mail was still stored that had been downloaded.

Now I'm finding some little tweaks are off. My "unread messages are bold" was unticked, despite never having altered these settings. Signatures for the accounts were 50/50, with some being removed and some remaining.

Anyone else experiencing weird things like this since the combo of the 10.6.2 update and mobileme? The only additional change that happened on my computer was installing Parallels 5 upgrade...

I'm open to suggestions of what the heck is happening...

2. nigameash macrumors 6502

yepp i had some problems with mail too ever since the update. 1st off my growl plugin stopped working and i got a message saying that mail was updated to 4.2 so the growl plugin wont work. so i was like ok, nothing serious. then yesterday, mail was open all day yet it didnt download any new mails and i restarted mail today after installing the quicksilver plugin and it downloaded a whole bunch of mails and their timings were yesterdays! mail has been hanging quite a bit for me after the update. mail hangs just when you quit it so i am forced to force quit it after waiting a while!

3. BinfordsTool thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I didn't mention growl since thats a no-brainer, usually breaks with mail updates.

I'm seriously thinking of returning to thunderbird, Mail just eats way too many resources! I suppose I can use entourage too... but if I switch to anything it'll be back to the bird