Multiple MIDI controllers in Reason 4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZenErik, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ZenErik macrumors 6502

All I want to know is if it's possible. I know it's possible in MainStage, but MainStage is too limiting in it's current state and has way too many stability problems, IMO.

I'm waiting for my 2nd keyboard in the mail, and I need a program that will allow me to use 2 MIDI controllers at the same time for live playing.

THANKS!

2. cycloptic macrumors newbie

Yes, it is possible to use multiple midi controllers to play multiple instruments in Reason. However, only one of them gets to be the master keyboard at a time.

This only matters when you need to record a performance. Reason will only record midi from the master keyboard. Also, the master keyboard can be assigned to different instruments easily by just clicking on the device's track in the sequencer.

The other keyboards are assigned to specific instruments through the midi devices section of Reason's hardware interface device at the top of the rack.

cycloptic

3. MIKON macrumors newbie

Hi, I have this problem, in REASOn I have connected:

One midi keyboard PORT A channel 1

One set of midi drumpads PORT B channel 10

Both locked to separate NNXT's with piano samples & drums repectively.

Both work fine and independently for PLAYING.... :)

BUT when I come to RECORD with a friend playing the drums & me playing keyboards.... nothing happens... no notes show up in the tracks... :mad:

Is there any way round this?

If I link REASON to CUBASE LE will this work?

Thanks...