Multiple Monitor craziness in Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sigmadog, Aug 18, 2014.

1. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

I just upgraded to Mavericks from Snow Leopard. I did so in order to use some specific apps that would not work in SL, but now I'm wondering if I should go back to SL because I can't seem to figure out how to make my multi-monitor setup do as I wish.

I have three monitors. On the far left is a Cintiq which is usually turned off unless I'm illustrating or photo editing. To the right are a pair of 23" Apple Cinema Displays. These are my workhorse monitors.

I usually work on the center monitor with my palettes spread out on the far right monitor, but Mavericks will not respect my palette placement and keeps moving my palettes to the center screen, covering up my working document. This happens whenever I switch to another app and come back to my original app (in this case, Illustrator CS6).

Here's an image showing what happens. It is driving me crazy and I need to find out what's wrong or go back to Snow Leopard.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. sigmadog thread starter macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

I think I figured it out. I had to deselect "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control settings. Now each Space includes all three monitors.

This whole Spaces thing is quite confusing to me. I would much prefer to ignore it altogether.