Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathan sz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
hopefully someone can help me with this,

i use my hdtv as a secondary display for my iMac. it is a fair distance across and facing such that i can't see both displays at the same time. this makes it difficult and impractical to drag windows from one display to the other.

my question is: is there some way that i'm not figuring out from the dock or menu bar or maybe mission control whereby i can move open windows from one display to the other while working on only one of the displays?

thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

----------

ps:

i found this image but don't see those options in my contextual menus from the dock. do i need to do something to enable them?

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT5891/en_US/HT5891_assign-en.png

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
To answer your P.S.

You need to have

"Displays have different spaces"

Checked in System Preferences > Mission Control

nathan sz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
thanks for your reply w0lf but i tried that but i'm still not seeing those options?

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
thanks for your reply w0lf but i tried that but i'm still not seeing those options?

Did you log out and back in like it says?

Make sure you're not mirroring displays either in System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement

nathan sz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
yes display mirroring is off and i even tried a restart when log-in/out didn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.