Multiple Monitors and Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ///M5, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ///M5 macrumors 6502

Is it just me or is multi-monitor setup in Lion completely stupid?

I can't seem to figure out how to have separate desktops on different monitors?

I have 3 desktops, when I swipe between them the damn thing changes desktop on both screens? wth? Can't I freeze a desktop on the external monitor?

I looked around in settings and didn't find any tweaks.

Is this the case? Please tell me it's not?

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

This is the case, unfortunately. Many users have already complained about this.

3. nanosour macrumors member

I'm just happy that you can have multiple monitors and have them work the same as SL as long as you don't use the full-screen apps. No need to with 27" monitors tho.

I can live with the desktop changing in pairs.

4. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

It's the same that allways was in leopard/ snow leopard.

But they have fix the lag in animations when using two screens though

5. makdeniss macrumors member

makdeniss

Really???? At last!

6. rguell macrumors newbie

Not exactly what you want, but it works!

Make sure you have more than one desktop.

Open the application you want to have on all desktops,
    right click on it's icon in the dock > Options > (under Assign To) All Desktops.

7. 3282868 macrumors 603

Agreed. I have been using dual display's with OS X for years and I personally dislike 10.7's GUI implementation with my system. I take most issue with the changes to "Spaces" and "Exposé" in "Mission Control" as my editing workflow was much better with 10.5/6. As an ADC member I have been using Lion since the first DP, and developers filed numerous UI complaints with "Mission Control." Mine are recognized as "duplicate issues" as so many seem to have been filed in hopes that AAPL will recognize that not everyone is using a MacBook or one display system, which is essentially what the engineers did when developing 10.7, they focused on MacBook's and iMac's with one display and disregarded those who use two or more displays.

8. WRP macrumors 6502a

9. ZeroFill, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

ZeroFill macrumors newbie

Any tools to help resolve this issue? Or at least change app display rules (show on all desktops) when an external display is plugged in and re-assign apps to its original virtual desktop when the external display is unplugged?

When I go on the road, my apps are on scattered on every desktop and have to be re-assigned.

This is a really annoying "feature" :mad:

10. WRP macrumors 6502a