Multiple monitors and multiple Docks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -SD-, Apr 28, 2009.

1. -SD- macrumors 6502

I've been looking for a solution to have more than just the one Dock: I'd like to have one on each monitor with different applications contained in each.

I've discovered Dock Spaces which allows you to have upto 10 different Docks. More importantly, it integrates with Spaces to allow you to have a different Dock in each Space.

This is the first time I've had a Mac with two monitors connected, and I've never used Spaces before so please bear with me. Would I be able to have Space 1 displayed on the first monitor and Space 2 on the second monitor? If that's possible, I could then use Dock Spaces to have a Dock on each monitor, yes?

Has anyone actually tried this before? Thanks in advance for any help.

:apple:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am not aware of a way to make Spaces work that way

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. amosrock macrumors newbie

amosrock

I would like a way to do this as well...Just for when I have my MB hooked up to my TV...that way the dock would have all the apps I use with my TV on it

4. robo73 macrumors newbie

Same wish

I also would love apossibility for different docs on different monitors, i currently hava a 27" and a 26 " monitor and am thinking about getting a third one.... it does make working loads easier, especially if you job involves spending many hours a day infront of the screens etc.

just to have the same dock on two different minitors, would already help...
    to have the possibility of having adifferent dock on each monitor, would simplify things even more...

any solutions?