Multiple Monitors in FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kingkezz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kingkezz macrumors regular

I've just bought an 23' ACD to use as my second monitor when cutting in FCP, I use it for full screen playback. I also use a 46' LCD TV for client monitoring straight from the timeline.

My question is, is it possible to get Digital Cinema Preview on both the ACD and the TV. I bought a second graphics card for the LCD, and it works as a third monitor, but I can't get playback on it. Any ideas.

I'm on a mac pro.

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

I don't think. You can get a cheapo DV camcorder if it's SD and just bounce out a composite signal.

I have an MXO and it does DVI and analog out at the same time...

3. kingkezz thread starter macrumors regular

I got my MXO yesterday too. Does it overwrite any calibration done with a spyder? Cause the picture looks disgusting - I thought maybe I could only use Matrox's calibration tools from within system preferences?

4. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Congrats! I wouldn't use the spyder at the same time. Disable it and calibrate the mxo. BUT the MXO callibration software WONT work with quicktime 7.5, you need to use PACIFIST to downgrade it to 7.4.5 or something like that. Check out the matrox forums.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Definitely use the Matrox tools to calibrate your ACD. The signal coming straight off the the DVI port of your GFX card is inaccurate so any calibration you did w/the spyder had to attempt to compensate for the inaccuracy. The magic, if you will, of the MXO is it takes that inaccurate signal and turns it into a broadcast quality video signal.

Lethal

6. kingkezz thread starter macrumors regular

Will do, so is there anyway to mirror the ACD and LCD TV only?

I want to use Digital Cinema Preview accross two monitors...

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I don't know what kind of hook-ups your 46" LCD has, but I believe you can use the MXO to feed more than one monitor at a time.

Lethal

8. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Lethal is right again, you can bounce out a component signal.