Multiple monitors, multiple power settings

Discussion in 'iMac' started by racer1441, Dec 23, 2015.

1. racer1441 macrumors 68000

hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way, on a imac, to have multiple monitors with different screen settings. I don't want two of the screens on all the time, but a third needs to be on all the time.

Thoughts?

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

A 3rd-party utility allows for saving workspaces and settings for individual displays - SwitchResX. I have a rMBP here at the office, attached to two Dell 4k displays - one in portrait for word processing and email, and one in landscape for drafting work. SwitchResX can be set to recall how I want each display, even when one or two is/are turned off. One can also set resolutions for each app, if desired.

Different resolutions, different settings/preferences? No problem. Best $14 I ever spent on my multi-display setup.

We also use it on several iMacs with external attached displays. (I own a small company, and impose my will on my employees. Until they revolt...)

On a related matter - a workspace - I also use Spectacle to "move" or "throw" a window/application from one display to another, using a keyboard shortcut.

3. racer1441 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'll have go give these a try.