multiple mouse settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lokrado, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Lokrado macrumors regular

as the title suggest i am looking for a way to save different mouse settings. you see i have 2 mouses, one for gaming one for everything else, the problem is they both use the same preff.pane
    when using the gaming mouse preff with the normal mouse its way to fast and jerky, and vise versa with the gaming one.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

So change the mouse sensitivity in game. I don't know of any FPSes that don't allow you to do this.

Alternatively, you can get a mouse with adjustable sensitivity. I have a Logitech G7, an older generation mouse similar to this one, except mine is cordless and has removable battery packs. I absolutely love it for gaming and everything else. I don't adjust sensitivity in-game very often as it's quite disorienting, but it can be handy to change when opening a game that doesn't let you fine-tune mouse sensitivity as much as you'd like.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think he wants to have to custom mouse preferences saved and be able to toggle or switch between them depending on the mouse he uses

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Ah, my mistake. Well, I suggest finding one single mouse that serves your needs in both cases, but I guess that's up to you. I don't know of any apps that actually allow you to set custom settings per mouse, since very few people feel the need to set their systems up in this way.