multiple Movie download problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffkellen, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jeffkellen macrumors newbie

Hello!

I purchased the movie RANGO that came with a digital copy to load onto my iphone. Everything works great, but now I would like to put the same movie on my wife's iphone so our kids can watch it while they are hanging out with her. After several different attempts, I cant seem to load it on her phone. I bought the movie fair and square, I dont see why it wont allow me to download it on 2 different devices. If I want to download it to her phone, I have to link her iphone to my itunes library- which will erase all of her content and make it exactly like my phone. This is not an option. I have also download the movie file onto a flash-drive and installed it onto the desktop of her PC. but when we try to drag the movie from her desktop to her iphone- it says she doesnt have authorization. Surely there is a way to get the movie onto her phone is well- maybe you can help. Thanks!!!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Do you have home-sharing enabled in iTunes between the two computers?

3. jeffkellen thread starter macrumors newbie

I never thought of that....it is now. whats the best way of making the copy on her phone now that sharing is enabled? Thanks for your help!

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Try and use home sharing to copy the movie from your iTunes to her iTunes. Then sync her phone. I think you can drag and drop from your library to hers.

If that doesn't work, try your USB trick again, but it may work this time now that each iTunes knows that it's supposed to share with the other.

5. jeffkellen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info- sounds logical! however, now that sharing is enabled, how do I access her itunes from my computer or vice versa so that I can copy the movie that is currently on my Macbook? I cant seem to figure out how to share or copy files....

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

On her computer, mess around with home-sharing until you can see and play Rango (from your hard drive). Then, can you drag that over the the 'Video' part of her iTunes' sidebar?