multiple On-the-go playlists?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mzd, Jul 27, 2009.

1. mzd macrumors 6502a

previously i had only used the On-the-go playlist a couple of times, but recently i was gone for a week and used the feature a lot. on my old iPod (3g) i could create multiple on-the-go playlists, but there doesn't seem to be that option on my iPod touch. you can create, edit, and clear the playlist, but you can't save it like you could on other iPods, allowing you to create additional On-the-go playlists. i haven't got the 3.0 software update yet - does it add that feature? i checked the "100 new features" thread in the iPhone forum but didn't see it mentioned.

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Noticed that, too

This doesn't appear to be a capability of the iPod Touch. I glanced over the manual for 3.0 and didn't find any way to do it. I suggest you and I and anyone else affected use Apple's Feedback section.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I think no one really used that feature, much less created more than one playlist using that method.

4. mzd thread starter macrumors 6502a

well it is an incredibly useful feature when you are traveling for more than a few days away from your computer, let alone more than a week. particularly with road trips where the music will be heard by a number of other people.

5. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Exactly. I used it most on just such a road trip. I built a multi-hundred song playlist that I still enjoy.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yes. I know. But how many iPod users are on the road frequent enough to actually "need" this feature?