Multiple orders - Same line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aaronpass, Sep 18, 2014.

1. aaronpass macrumors newbie

I mistakenly have two iPhone 6's on order and they are both under the same line. I didn't think the first order went through so I placed another one. And now I have tracking confirmation for both phones. AT&T did not cancel my duplicate. Can anyone shed any light on what will happen? I was charged the $199 twice but both are under the same contract somehow.

2. akhilleus macrumors member

I'm pretty certain that once they see it's two phones for the same line, they'll cancel one. I was reading a thread today or yesterday where people were saying that their orders were cancelled because they had two phones purchased for the same phone line. I'd talk to your provider just to be certain and safe though.

3. aaronpass thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Consider yourself lucky. Sell the other phone on craigslist.

5. kevroc macrumors 6502

They will catch it and change the price of the second one to full price. Just wait a week or so for things to die down a bit and process a return for the second one.

6. blin336 macrumors newbie

I am in the same situation, I ordered 2 from ATT ($199) and it shows delivery date of 3-4 weeks out. I then proceed to ordered 2 from Apple for $199 x 2. I was not able to cancel the ATT orders. Now I have 4 tracking numbers for all those, and they will be here tomorrow.

Funny thing is there is only 1 charge on my card from Apple. ATT charges fell off. Anyway, what can I do with those 2 extra phones now? Can I sell them? Can other people use those phones? Or are those phones tied to my #?