Multiple OSX's via Parallels?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sioannou, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to have multiple instances of OSX running in Parallels. I need to work with multiple instances of it for a programming project but I don't want to use my actual OSX.

Because I suspect the answer to this, the alternative option for me is to use Ubuntu (actually is the unix terminal that i need). However when I can successfully install Ubuntu on my parallels (version 6) I couldn't find a way to install the parallel's tools for the latest version of Ubuntu. I don't know if this a bug of Parallels.

Thank you

Sotiris

2. Biolizard macrumors 6502

Apple do not allow OS X to be virtualised (only OS X Server), so you can't do what you want with OS X.

I use Fusion so I can only guesstimate, but your problem with not being able to install Parallels tools is possibly because the tools do not support the latest version of Ubuntu; Fusion needs an update every so often for its Guest definitions.
    You could try installing the last Ubuntu LTS which should have a tools definition available, or try Debian which doesn't change as much as Ubuntu and may not have the same issues.