Multiple Outlook Aliases on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mstgkillr, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

Is it possible to have multiple Outlook aliases on your iPhone or iPad? I created several aliases in addition to the main Outlook account, added all of them to my iPhone so that I could also compose from each aliase but I had syncing issues. Is it possible to added multiple aliases?

2. mstgkillr thread starter macrumors regular

FYI, I created multiple aliases so that I could have one for work, school, and my personal emails. Unfortunately, it seems that I have to use the main Outlook account email to prevent any syncing issues.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Aliases are really just that. A pointer to the real email account. You are essentially syncing multiple copies of the same account so it's no wonder you'll have issues.

Use just the real account. Anyone sending to the alias will have it directed to your real account anyway.

If you want truly separate accounts then either create new real accounts on your domain or use free email services from places like gmail or yahoo.

4. mstgkillr thread starter macrumors regular

My only issue is that I would like to reply to the incoming emails with the specific alias. Since I've already created the alias, is there anyway that I can free them up to create and entirely different account?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Delete the aliases to the real account. Then create new real accounts using those addresses. If it's your own domain, there should be the option to do that through your email/webhost provider.

If there isn't and all that's available to you is aliases I'd switch providers.

I bought a domain once through a company advertising lost of email addresses. Turned out that all they were offering was the domain and aliases to one account. I found another provider that day and transferred my domain.