Multiple Parallel VM's + Spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Icculus, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Icculus macrumors 6502

I am using parallels and have multiple VM's and want each VM to open in a specific space. For instance Windows 7 in space 2 and Linux in space 4. I know in system preferences I can set Parallels to open in space 2 but then both my VM's open in the same space. Is there anyway to do this? I was hoping for a terminal command that would either open the application in a specific space or give me the option to move it.

I know I can do the keyboard route to switch spaces, but I was hoping for more of an automated way. Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

spaces AFAIK is only sensitive to applications, not windows of an application. That is you cannot define a specific space to a specific window.

My only advice is to drag the various windows to the the space you wish. I've found many applications don't really play nice with spaces especially when the windows are inter-parsed across multiple spaces. YMMV however.

3. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought I had a work around with scripts, by activating a space and then launching the VM. However that didn't work....still looking for a solution.