Multiple PDF documents in same Preview window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lewis82, Feb 13, 2011.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I have 4 PDF documents which I need to access at the same time. The easiest way I found is to open them in the same Preview window. This way, I can switch between them by using the side bar (I'm on a 13" screen, it isn't practical to have multiple windows).

My problem is that whenever I switch documents, I see the first page instead of seeing where I was the last time. There is a setting (At document opening: start by last shown page) which logically would solve my problem, but in this case it doesn't work. The most frustrating is that the documents are open at all times, yet they kind of "reset" as if I had closed them.

Does anyone have any kind of useful input? It would be very appreciated.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I don't know if there is a setting. I'd open them in separate windows and command + ~ between them.

3. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

Is that keyboard shortcut supposed to switch window? I can't get it to work, ~ is not on a key of its own in French Canadian keyboards.

Thanks anyway for your help, it's very appreciated.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The ~ is the key above the tab key. I have no idea how that maps to a French Canadian keyboard. Below is the shortcut configuration. Check what yours is. It's an extremely helpful shortcut.

Attached Files:

5. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz