Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

touchher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I just got my iMac on Saturday, turns out it had a broken Optical Drive so it was replaced at the apple store, all files transfered, and leopard installed at the genius bar. Now I have 2 problems with my second, day old, iMac:

1) The computer shuts down randomly as I am using it. Twice it has occured with I'm using iChat the third time I wasn't. All this has happened in one day, and only while I use the computer. :mad:

2) I use AOL Mail and I set it up with the Mail application. However, when I go to delete something, it says: "The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: UID COPY failed Deleted Messages: no such mailbox."

Can anyone help with either problem??

Thanks in Advance,
touchher

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I just got my iMac on Saturday, turns out it had a broken Optical Drive so it was replaced at the apple store, all files transfered, and leopard installed at the genius bar. Now I have 2 problems with my second, day old, iMac:

1) The computer shuts down randomly as I am using it. Twice it has occured with I'm using iChat the third time I wasn't. All this has happened in one day, and only while I use the computer. :mad:

Thanks in Advance,
touchher

Sorry to hear about your problems, but it looks like a trip back to the apple store. Why you are there I would ask about your other question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.