Multiple Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woahhi, Aug 8, 2010.

1. woahhi macrumors newbie

Does Apple give you a hard time if you are getting a replacement for a replacement phone? I swapped mine for a battery issue but I am now having proximity / dropped call issues pretty bad... which I didn't have before. Will they give me a hard time if I want to try another replacement? Anyone get more than 1 replacement from the Genius bar?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Shouldn't be any problem. If there is a real defect you will get a replacement. With the 3G I got several replacements due to the cracked plastic case.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Nope, not at all. I too, with the 3G, had a string of several exchanges within a short period of time. If the reason warrants a swap, Apple will be swapping, whether it's the first time or the tenth.

4. Macbie macrumors member

Its a very easy experience if you encounter a good Customer person. The two exchanges I had, I needed to go to two different stores because 1 of them I'd encountered was playing hardball.

5. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

What is the "threshold" for too many dropped calls. I get call failed maybe 2-10 times during a single conversation and people often complain that I don't pick up their calls when my phone doesn't even ring. Is this completely up to the genius to believe me?

6. Macbie macrumors member

Yep. The person I said was playing hardball told me he can't do anything because he didn't see the yellow tint I was talking about and Apple has an internal memo that said to tell customers to wait atleast 2weeks before talking. But the next day I scheduled with a different store that was like more than 100 blocks from my house and the girl I encountered said she saw the yellow tint and told me 8days since I got it was long enough for an exchange.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Pretty much up to them. If you aren't satisfied, make another appointment.

Also, you can try calling AppleCare. IME, they have been a bit more "lenient" and if they authorize a swap, the store must honor it. They'll even call the store to make an appointment.

And I've always found that being disgustingly polite yet persistent goes a long way.

8. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

It is possible for Apple Care to authorize a replacement? When I called Apple Care about my battery issue they told me to go into a store and the genius was the one who decided on a replacement. If Apple Care tells me to just go to the store should I ask them to pre-authorize a replacement so I don't waste my time with difficult geniuses?

9. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie