Multiple Replacement

woahhi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Does Apple give you a hard time if you are getting a replacement for a replacement phone? I swapped mine for a battery issue but I am now having proximity / dropped call issues pretty bad... which I didn't have before. Will they give me a hard time if I want to try another replacement? Anyone get more than 1 replacement from the Genius bar?

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Shouldn't be any problem. If there is a real defect you will get a replacement. With the 3G I got several replacements due to the cracked plastic case.

Comment

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Nope, not at all. I too, with the 3G, had a string of several exchanges within a short period of time. If the reason warrants a swap, Apple will be swapping, whether it's the first time or the tenth.

Comment

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
Its a very easy experience if you encounter a good Customer person. The two exchanges I had, I needed to go to two different stores because 1 of them I'd encountered was playing hardball.

Comment

woahhi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
What is the "threshold" for too many dropped calls. I get call failed maybe 2-10 times during a single conversation and people often complain that I don't pick up their calls when my phone doesn't even ring. Is this completely up to the genius to believe me?

Comment

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
Yep. The person I said was playing hardball told me he can't do anything because he didn't see the yellow tint I was talking about and Apple has an internal memo that said to tell customers to wait atleast 2weeks before talking. But the next day I scheduled with a different store that was like more than 100 blocks from my house and the girl I encountered said she saw the yellow tint and told me 8days since I got it was long enough for an exchange.

Comment

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
What is the "threshold" for too many dropped calls. I get call failed maybe 2-10 times during a single conversation and people often complain that I don't pick up their calls when my phone doesn't even ring. Is this completely up to the genius to believe me?
Pretty much up to them. If you aren't satisfied, make another appointment.

Also, you can try calling AppleCare. IME, they have been a bit more "lenient" and if they authorize a swap, the store must honor it. They'll even call the store to make an appointment.

And I've always found that being disgustingly polite yet persistent goes a long way.

Comment

woahhi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
It is possible for Apple Care to authorize a replacement? When I called Apple Care about my battery issue they told me to go into a store and the genius was the one who decided on a replacement. If Apple Care tells me to just go to the store should I ask them to pre-authorize a replacement so I don't waste my time with difficult geniuses?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.