Multiple screens.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LEVENDIZ, Jan 31, 2013.

1. LEVENDIZ macrumors member

Hey everyone, after searching the forums and the internet for several hours i have found the clear information that would help me finding a solution to my problem.

I have a 13-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro with a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB DDR3 RAM and a NVIDIA GeFore 320M 256 MB graphics card.

I currently have three monitors set up to my PC using AMD eyefinity (windows machine). I would like to use the same 3 displays on my mac, or atleast two. I currently use one no problem with my mac at full resolution as long as the lid of the MacBook Pro is closed.

With the Matrox DualHead2Go or TrippleHead2Go work for what i aim to achieve or is it not possible with my MacBook?

Thanks, LEVz

2. dma550 macrumors 6502

You can always use an EVGA UVplus adapter for one screen that needs the least fluid updates, like where you park static things (reference, email). I actually have one on ebay now for $10.00 ;)

It worked well on my PC, and I used it on my mac once I got it, but prefer using TB and DVI to make up my two externals.

3. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

The Matrox device will sort of do what you want. The Mac sees it as as single, very large display versus 2 (or 3) individual ones. Therefore any image you send to it will be stretched across the screens. If, for instance, your dock is on that display, it'll be split across the bottom of the displays versus being on the bottom of one or the other.

I have a Diamond USB2 VGA adapter for my MBP here at work. It does precisely what you're after, but it's slow. I finally got sick of how slow the screen updates were and disconnected it; I'm back to a single LCD for the time being until a good USB3 solution appears.

jas

4. LEVENDIZ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man, yeah i want an option that is pretty fast for when i do some video editing, 3D and photoshop stuff. :(

5. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

Basically: you can't with your existing MBP unless you want to deal with the hack that is the Matrox device. That's the long and short of it, unfortunately.

jas

6. LEVENDIZ thread starter macrumors member

Will the rMBP or the cMBP allow me to use more then one external monitor without any issues??