multiple sender email on one imap account using Outlook 2011

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by msim20, Jan 8, 2012.

1. msim20 macrumors member

This is what I would like to achieve in Outlook 2011. Is it possible?
    ---
    In mail.app, I have setup one gmail.com account. That gmail.com account is enabled to send mail as 2-3 other email addresses and those emails are forwarded to my gmail account. Say I have address M1-the gmail address and M2 - the external address.

All mails to M1 and M2 come into M1 - the gmail address.
    Say a mail comes to M2. Mail.app downloads it from M1 (because M2 mails are forwarded to M1). When I reply, the sender address is M2 address. Mail.app then connects to M1 account and sends the mail as M2 sender.

In mail.app, I have entered multiple sender addresses in the account preferences screen.

---

Now this exact behavior is what I want to achieve in Outlook. Is it possible?

The way this helps me is that I can always go to one web interface to access all my mails, I can access mails on my Macbook Air as well as the iMac. They can both sync to one IMAP server.

Thanks!!

2. jonathan999 macrumors newbie

Did you ever find a way to do this?

Hello "msim20".
    I am also trying to figure this out.
    Did you ever find a way to do it?
    So far I've found nothing, so I'd be grateful to hear what you ended up discovering.

Thanks.