Multiple Signatures

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WorldIRC, Aug 29, 2010.

1. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

Any hack to enable multiple signatures. I don't like using the same signature for my regular email, my unlock code email, and my work email. How about SMS signature, any hack for that?

2. t4citurn macrumors newbie

3. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

4. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

5. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

Still looking for a solution for multiple email signatures if anyone has one

6. mrathee macrumors 6502

You can set custom signatures per email account in the settings menu.

I have done that to differentiate personal email, work email, freelance, and other dedicated emails

Unless you are talking about doing this for ONE ACCOUNT and changing them for different emails you send out from said account. If thats the case, then there is no way to do this except via copy paste or some workflow including textexpander

7. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm looking at looking...I only see one signature menu with no option to assign it to an email. And within the specific email account settings, there is no signature option.

8. mrathee macrumors 6502

Hmm.. I could have sworn I did this before on my 3g, but looking at it now, there is only the master signature and no individual account signatures.

I'll update here if I figure it out

9. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

There's a program on itunes called Signature Pro...I could always try it...although the reviews are meh...but I don't need the colourfullness.

10. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I want this too.

I have a signature that I use for my work account.

I would like to use a different sig for my personal account.

Also, I would like the option to add an image to my sig.

11. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

The software that I got on iTunes will allow it...it'll do everything I requested..I just wish there was a more integrated, "jailbroken" way to do it!

12. eddiemarino macrumors newbie

iPhone and iPad Multiple Email Signature Support

I agree, it is much needed.

I've submitted a feature request to Apple. http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Try and do likewise. The more people suggesting this feature, the sooner it will get implemented!

13. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I think Action menu and action menu plugins can do this pretty semlessly.
    Also, bite sms has a template and would be easier to configure.

14. fabiocunha macrumors newbie

I achieved this by using the iOS native keyboard shortcuts. I created one shortcut called "mysig" with my personal signature and another shortcut called "worksig" with my work signature. I also removed the signature from the mail settings.
    Whenever you're typing a message, just type mysig (or worksig), hit space or return and voila, the signature will be added to the message.
    The only things you need to take into account is that the signature must have a single line (what is not a problem for me), and you need to type the shortcut every time you want the signature to be displayed.

Here is how you setup keyboard shortcuts: http://www.vikitech.com/7366/create-ios-5-keyboard-shortcuts