Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2002
Anyone use more than one sleep tracking app on their Apple Watch? I am currently using Sleep Watch and really like that it automatically tracks my sleep. The downside is it doesn't seem to get much other data to show. I'm considering using Pillow in addition to Sleep Watch. Would this even work? Would it use more battery life? I currently only lose about 6 percent over night.

Thanks!
Macaddict16

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
yes, I tried Pillow and Sleep++ together. No problems running at all. I just did it to see how good they were. Both gave completely different results.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Do you have an opinion on which one was better or more accurate?
I compared both to my Fitbit Blaze.

Pillow looks pretty but was all over the place with my sleeping pattern. Also it takes ages to analyse the sleep data on the watch (it's not optimised for Watch OS3). The app is annoying too. Nagging you all the time to pay for an IAP.
+ looks nice
+ icloud back of data
- needs optimisation for os3
- slow to analyse sleep

Sleep++ is optimised and analyses in a second. You have to start and stop and the data roughly matches the Fitbit. App is basic yet functional.
+ - oposite to pillow

I would recommend Sleep++ out of the two. Dev is nice too.

But still prefer Fitbit for sleep tracking. Compared it to sleep watch and that wasn't great compared to Fitbit. Need Apple to add native sleep.

Reactions: dotnet

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I compared both to my Fitbit Blaze.

Pillow looks pretty but was all over the place with my sleeping pattern. Also it takes ages to analyse the sleep data on the watch (it's not optimised for Watch OS3). The app is annoying too. Nagging you all the time to pay for an IAP.
+ looks nice
+ icloud back of data
- needs optimisation for os3
- slow to analyse sleep

Sleep++ is optimised and analyses in a second. You have to start and stop and the data roughly matches the Fitbit. App is basic yet functional.
+ - oposite to pillow

I would recommend Sleep++ out of the two. Dev is nice too.

But still prefer Fitbit for sleep tracking. Compared it to sleep watch and that wasn't great compared to Fitbit. Need Apple to add native sleep.
Thank you. It seems to me that a sleep tracking feature needs to be built into the OS otherwise it looks like your getting a mishmash of results. I think for now I'll just wait to see if anything better comes along or Apple adds it natively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.