Multiple SMS being received by recipients

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mr Rabbit, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

For the past 3-4 builds of iOS 7 I've been getting complaints from SMS (not iMessage) recipients that my messages are arriving in duplicates and triplicates. I tried a fresh restore (without backup restoration) using the GM when the issue persisted but it hasn't helped.

Anyone else run into this? I did a quick search but didn't see anything matching the symptoms, same on the Apple dev site.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Is it happening to everyone or just a select few? People receiving more than one SMS, are they on the same carrier? The problem might be on their end.

3. Mr Rabbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Just about anyone who isn't using iMessage. There have been one or two people who haven't complained or mentioned it but at least 6 or 7 who have. Different carriers, complaints from both AT&T (my carrier) and Verizon.

I forgot to mention, I get a lot of "message failed" notices with SMS. Usually resending it works immediately. Sending it twice isn't the cause for duplicates though. This happened last night and my friend sent me a screen shot where two had come in (the "message failed" notice on my end) and were followed by two or three more a minute later (when I hit send again, successfully showing sent on my end).

Also worth mentioning, this has persisted across two iPhones now as I had one replaced just over a week ago. Can't imagine it would be hardware related but figured that would rule it out.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I had an issue a couple days ago where iMessage would fail and I would have to send as txt. I had to turn off iMessage and wait a couple of min and turn it back on. Problem was solved.