Multiple Student Promo Uses

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

So my brother just got a new MacBook and did the Mac + iPod Touch promo. The thing is, for all the mac orders in my house, we use my Apple ID. Now I'm going to be buying an iMac in the next few weeks and I'm not sure if I can still do the promo. Looking on Apple's Promo FAQ, I found this:
    But looking at the Terms and Conditions of the Back-To-School Promo I don't find any mention if you can do this promo more than once or not. Does anybody know whether or not I'll be able to do it?

2. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you can only "purchase" one computer per year with the student discount but I might be wrong.

3. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Actually, you can purchase one laptop, one desktop, and one Mac Mini per school year with your student discount. Also the "school year" is July 1-June 30 (My brother ordered mid-June). Also, my brother and I are both in college so we have separate student discounts. The only thing is that it's the same Apple ID for the Rebate.

4. ben.mcmahan macrumors member

have your bro sign up for his own apple ID and do 1 rebate per apple ID (and 1 per student ID linkage). then you dont have to worry.

5. Indohottie macrumors 6502

Indohottie

i gotta second the thought.. just create a second apple id.. solves the problem..

6. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

That's pretty cool, wish I had known that while I was in school, I guess I'll have to use my little brother now for my next computer:D