Multiple Themes in Leopard? (Suggestion)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Wayfarer, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

LOOK! :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found this really neat Shapeshifter theme called "MyTenFive". Apparently it is someone else's vision of how the Leopard GUI should really look...

Get it here

Here's the deal: I think many people will LOVE if it Leopard could acquire some elements from this theme. The solid menubar with black transparent menu and blue highlights is beautiful. Very appealing and easy on the eyes. I also think those scrollbars look better than the aqua one we've been using for years. Maybe if Apple allowed several interface options to choose from in Leopard... that would be super cool! (Hmm... Classic Aqua, Neo, and Pro?) :rolleyes:

What do you guys think?

2. iPowers macrumors 6502

So it would be like the themes option for windows?

The look you did looks really cool.

3. Wayfarer thread starter macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Like Windows? :eek:

Haha... oh goodness no! I think too much customization everywhere might taint the consistent OS X look and feel. Instead of the typical "Aqua" and "Graphite", I was thinking more along the lines of two or three new themes to choose from with some options. Carefully crafed, beatuiful themes that just work... ;)

4. iPowers macrumors 6502

That look he showed us doesn't look like windows. That black menu bar looks really cool, and not distorted if you were to do it via system preferences.

5. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I like MyTenFive, but I've got to say that I'd love Leopard if it had the Tiger interface with smoothed, unified metal windows. I'm currently using the Aqua version of TenFive to simulate this. It's perfect, really. If you go to the Apple site, and scroll down to the pop-down list where you select the Apple site for your country, I wouldn't mind if Leopard's theme was based around that dark metal, as long as some Aqua-ness was retained (read: refined as well).

6. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

I miss Themes

It seems Apple has been converting Mac OS X into the beauty and sophistication that was Mac Classic. I miss the ability to select themes in Classic. Apple should just bring this feature back - the basics are already in OS X....system preferences/appearances.

7. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

You don't need to use Shapeshifter for it, it comes with an installer and is free. I have that theme on my mac and I like it very much. It's a glimpse of Leopard.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have different icons, but love the refined look Apple gives us for the GUI, and think its even better in Leopard. Candybar will get rid of those blue folder icons though...