Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimiGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Could someone assist me in telling whether or not this will work:

- I wish to display videos that I have created and rendered as mp4's on 3 HDTVs.
- I want all 3 TVs to display the same video.
- Is is possible to place all of my videos into iTunes, create a playlist, and play the videos on my iPad, which will then go to three separate Apple TV components hooked up to three HDTVS?
- Wifi will be available.

I guess my two main questions are:
1) If I have three Apple TVs hooked up to three HDTVs, will they all sync up with my iPad?
2) Can I show the videos outside of iTunes? Or is the only way Apple TV works is for it to show programming through iTunes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

LimiGuy

EmmEff

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm not entirely convinced there won't be sync issues due to latency. Use one Apple TV and an active video splitter to feed the displays

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I just tried to send a TV show to 2 ATV2s...no luck. It reverted to just the computer screen, and when I went back to the speaker selection again, multiple speaker option was no longer available.

So...at this point in time....from iTunes to multiple TVs...no. You can do audio only. I do that all the time, to both a mix of ATvs and speakers, but video no go.

I'm actually looking into running iTunes on a couple of virtual machines in parallels, all accessing the one collection of media, and telling each one to send a different video to different TVs. Doesn't help you...just wanted to share my next experiment!! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.