Multiple two-way sync calendars?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Katalysis, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Katalysis macrumors member

Please take it easy on me, as the iPod touch was my first ever Apple product, and my soon to get here 3G S is my first iPhone, so this might be obvious, but I have not found the answer.

Is there any way to have two way sync for two separate calendars (both are google calendars) on the iPhone? I have a work calendar my assistant and I both edit, and a personal calendar. I would like to have the ability to add meetings to both calendars directly on the phone, but I want to keep them separate (as in, my assistant will not be able to see my personal appointments).

If I were to set up my personal calendar with google activesync, and then fully share the work calendar with full privileges, would that do the trick or would anything I put into the phone only push back to the personal calendar? I know my iPod touch only supports one exchange account, so I assume that's the same on the iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tasset macrumors 6502a

Yep, I use multiple Google calendars and it works quite well.
    1. You can sync up to 5 calendars through Exchange activesync, but as you pointed out you can only have one Exchange account set up on the Touch/iPhone.
    You may want to look at this link for multiple calendars:
    http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

2. With 3.0 software you can also share google calendars with Caldav. That also works well, as I have been using this.